Thursday, November 18, 2010

Windows 7 Shut-Down Time?

Ok, I did a reformat about 4 weeks ago. The past two weeks, my shutdown has slowed down by 5 seconds. Thats slower than what it was before I reformatted. Its not a huge issue but is really annoying. I changed the regedit value to 1000 and have tried to speed it up as much as I can. The reason it hangs is because it says: 'waiting for task host window to close'. As soon as that message appears, the pc shutdowns like normal. Also, whenever i clear my registry with CCleaner, it fixes the problem, but after each reboot, the problem re-accurs. Any info on how I can fix this would be appreciated.Windows 7 Shut-Down Time?
What registry value are you changing? Did you get the hotfix? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975777/e Run Microsoft update a few times too.
  • hair treatment
  • music player
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment