Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I need help... Explorer.exe won't work in startup?

I've reformatted my computer twice due to this problem and I found that installing Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP started this.



When I log in to my user account, I find no Taskbar, no icons just the background. I've tried copying explorer.exe in the same place, renamed it as rashman.exe and changed WINLOGON%26gt;SHELL in REGEDIT from explorer.exe to rashman.exe.



What I did didn't really do much... I do believe this is brought about by a trojan in a download of IE 8 although I am starting to doubt that IE 8 was the problem since I downloaded it from Microsoft, I still believe that it started all of this... I had ESET Smart Security 4 check my files and I ran SysInspector... I found a lot of problems...



I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2 in a Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz and 1.09 GB RAM.



I need serious help. How do I fix this problem?I need help... Explorer.exe won%26039;t work in startup?
I dunno but maybe you should upgrade to SP3.



Maybe you have already tried this but:



Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and task manager should pop up.

Go to File %26gt; New Task

Type in explorer.exe

No comments:

Post a Comment