Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the name that is registered on my laptop?

I misspelled my name when I registered my brand new laptop (I know, total fail). I changed everything on my lap to my correctly-spelled name, but with the deeper files; I do not know how to access them. I changed my account name to its correct form. I even did that %26quot;regedit%26quot; thingy and changed the %26quot;RegisteredOwner%26quot; to the correct spelling. HOWEVER, I typed in %26quot;Dap%26quot; (the misspelled name) into the %26quot;search program and files%26quot; option of the Start Menu, and files that contain the word %26quot;Dap%26quot; still appear: %26quot;C:\Users\Dap%26quot;, %26quot;C:\Users\Dap\Documents%26quot;, %26quot;C:\Users\Dap\Pictures%26quot;, etc, etc. How do I change this? It drives me crazy!How do I change the name that is registered on my laptop?
go to control panel and select user account and amend it there

No comments:

Post a Comment