Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change my computer's previous owner name?

My computer has been slow for a while and I was told to run msconfig in order to desable other program running background but it's telling me only the administrator has the right to do that.



I tried to run regedit but I still can't change the registered name or administrator.



Thanx!How do I change my computer%26039;s previous owner name?
Hello,



(ANS) In order to change the registered owners name on your computer you have to have top level permissions, meaning that you have to log into your machine (windows) as the machines local administrator. Without doing this you wont be able to change that information, why? because ordinary user accounts wont have full user rights %26amp; permissions to make system level changes. This was done originally to protect machines from being changed by novice users or inexperienced users.



**In other words you have to know the administrators username %26amp; password.



**I'm NOT going to guarentee this will work but you could try the following? try username %26quot;administrator%26quot;, password =blank (that definately used to work in windows NT but may have been patched since then).



**You should definately stay out of regedit or regedit32, avoid using the registry editor unless you know exactly what your doing and which hives, keys, and sub keys, %26amp; values you need to edit. Otherwise you could completely mess up the system %26amp; believe me its incedibly easily done too.



Hope that helps?



Best Regards IRHow do I change my computer%26039;s previous owner name?
Control panel%26gt;User and account and VOILAHow do I change my computer%26039;s previous owner name?
Run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi?NT\CurrentVersion and change the RegisteredOwner there.How do I change my computer%26039;s previous owner name?
Here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using



Hope that helps.
  • pet friendly rentalss
  • camcorders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment