Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change the default user name in Windows 7?

I work in an electronics store, and I ordered in a new toshiba laptop for myself.

It came in today, I was at school, so my 'very kind' workmate, unpacked it and set it up for me.



I was all happy untill I realised he had entered my name as %26quot;GAYLORD DICK LOVER%26quot;.



I obviously don't want this to be my username, so I changed it in the control panel.



When I went to install a program however, it asked me if I wanted to install it for all users, or %26quot;only me (GAYLORD DICK LOVER)%26quot;.



Frustrated I have;

Changed the computer's name

Made another user account, and deleted the first

Performed a System Restore.



All to no avail.

I'm pretty angry at my work mate,

Can anyone save his neck and help me out?



I want to change the name from what was entered at the original system setup.

I've read about %26quot;regedit%26quot; but it looks different in windows7 then what the forums say.



HELP!!??How can I change the default user name in Windows 7?
That's easy... just reinstall Windows. It erases any previous settings it that before, and during the installation you can specify a new name for your computer and user account.

No comments:

Post a Comment