Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the speed that Windows XP selects items when I hover over them?

I am running Black XP, and the only quirk I haven't worked out is how to change the speed that items get selected when I hover over them. Right now, it's way too fast.



I tried going to regedit to change the MouseHoverSpeed, but that is not in my registry. Nothing in the Control Panel that I've seen is allowing me to change this.



Can anyone help?How do I change the speed that Windows XP selects items when I hover over them?
1. Click Start, and then click Run %26gt;

Type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.



2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop



3. Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.



4. Right click on it and select Modify.



5. Change the value to a lower number



6. Reboot your computer.



follow this carefully editing the registry incorrectly can damage the systemHow do I change the speed that Windows XP selects items when I hover over them?
Try Control Panel %26gt;%26gt; Mouse



Otherwise I don't think you can alter the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment