Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Windows XP registry question?

%26quot;The Registry Editor (regedit.exe) is included with Windows to enable you to view and edit the contents of the Registry. When you open the Registry Editor, you'll see a window divided into two panes. The left side shows a tree with folders (see Structure of the Registry above), and the right side shows the contents (values) of the currently selected folder (key). To expand a certain branch, click on the little plus sign [+] to the left of any folder, or just double-click on the folder.%26quot;



This is what I read in an article.

When I log on to my local m/c, I dont see any structure like this in regedit.exe. Everything I see is a bunch of values in the pair of 2 like %26quot;127C0: 00 00 66 0F B6 44 37 0D 50 FF 15 98 14 00 01 85%26quot;

What shall I understand from this about key and value ? I dont see any folders as mentioned in the article. What is key and what is value ? How to interpret this and how to read these values ?

I have installed different versions of java on my computer and I want to find out which version is in effect currently. Someone told me, I can check it in registry.

If I want to change to previous version, I can do it by changing values in registry. How to change vaues in registry.

thanksWindows XP registry question?
if you installed 2 versions of java and you dont know which one is active, delete one of them and see if the other still works, please leave the reg alone, you will break your pc.Windows XP registry question?
Your questions are too complex for this kind of message board.



Do some research with google first and come back when you have some more specific questions.



AND STAY AWAY FROM THE REGISTRY until you are a bit more clued up..

No comments:

Post a Comment