Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can someone help me with a computer problem? I will award the highest points that I am able to award.?

Ok, this is for the people who really know what they are doing on the computer and about registry's on a computer. I went on this site that offers different things about he computer and how to fix them. My problem is that my desktop picture went away. I am not able to change my desktop background. Do you know how you usually right click, them properties, then the desktop tab, then you choose your background? Well I cant do that. The site tells me to do the following:



Click Start

Click Run

Type: regedit

Navigate to the following registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win?br>


%26quot;Wallpaper%26quot;=SZ:C:\WINDOWS\desktop.html (yours might be slightly different)

Click one time on the entry

Push Delete on the keyboard

Click Yes

Close the Registry editor



I did all that, but I am still stuck and my problem is still not fixed. I deleted the two things in my registry under the SYSTEM tab that said %26quot;NoDispBackgroundPage%26quot; and %26quot;NoDispScrSavPage.%26quot; That did not fix my problem. When I right click on my desktop and click properties then the desktop tab, the part that lets you choose the pictures for your background is still gray and un-clickable. I am not even able to browse for a picture to use as the background. I scanned my computer with SpyBot - S/D, and Malwarebytes' Antimalware and deleted all the infected material. And I should state that in my list of backgrounds there are a couple of webpages and I don't understand what that is. Is there any way that I can get my desktop choices back? The only thing that I have left in the SYSTEM registry is a thing that says %26quot;Default%26quot; and the type is %26quot;REG_SZ%26quot;, which I do not understand what that means. Am I supposed to delete that also or just leave it? And since I deleted the parts that say %26quot;NoDispBackgroundPage%26quot; and %26quot;NoDispScrSavPage%26quot;, will that mess up my computer?



There is one more problem that I have. Do you know how on the taskbar there is the clock in the lower right hand corner and you have those little %26quot;quick icons%26quot; as I call them? I do not know their full terminology, they maybe notifications. But anyway, there is an icon there that is red and has a white %26quot;X%26quot; on it. Now when I click on the %26quot;X%26quot; (right click that is) to try and close it out, it takes me to a website called Real Antivirus and it says to download a free try to clean your computer of viruses, but I have Norton and a couple of other virus protections, so I did not download that. But how do I get rid of that?





Can somebody please help? I would appreciate it very much. I know that this is a lot, and I will award the highest points that I am allowed to give for answering this question for me. Again, I would like someone who knows their computers and computer registry's to answer this question as to not mess up my computer because it cost me a lot of money and I cant afford for it to be messed up and have to get a new one. And, again I would appreciate your help.Can someone help me with a computer problem? I will award the highest points that I am able to award.?
First, go recheck what you did and see if it's still in effect. That icon in the Notification area makes me wonder if something isn't still on your machine.



If what you did hasn't been reset, try doing this also:



1. Using the left-hand pane, navigate to this key:



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ ActiveDesktop



2. In the right-hand pane there might be a value named NoChangingWallPaper. If so, delete it.

3. Try changing the wallpaper. If it still doesn檛 work, restart the machine and try again.



I've attached a link to a site that may have more help if that doesn't work.



Good luck.Can someone help me with a computer problem? I will award the highest points that I am able to award.?
i think you have got a little bit confused about the registry changes



might actually be an easier and safer to roll your computer back to its last restore point



before you do that though i would suggest you download Malwarebytes anti-malware to get rid of the fake virus checker.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

No comments:

Post a Comment