Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Microsoft Word 2007 "not responding"?

I've been having so many problems with Word 2007 freezing up and not responding.



It will open just fine, but as soon as I try to change the found, or even click anything it crashes.



I googled the problem. I treid the regedit%26gt;deleting the data file%26gt;re-opening word. That did not work.



I also tried running winword /a. Which also crashed.



Does anyone know how to fix this?Microsoft Word 2007 %26quot;not responding%26quot;?
Vista on a computer with 1 or 2GB of RAM? Other programs open?



You need a minimum of 2GB of RAM for Vista 32 bit (4GB for 64 bit) and no other programs open. Word is being swapped to disk (because you don't have enough RAM) and you're trying to do things before it gets swapped back (which happens when you try to use it).



If you already have 4GB of RAM you have a bad Word installation or bad hardware (probably RAM).

No comments:

Post a Comment