Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I access lpt1 on a win xp computer exactly the same as on a win98se computer?

I have a computer that did have win98se as an OS on it, and a program that accessed the lpt1 for reading and writing, I have had to switch that same computer to use windows xp home edition. The program I had on the same computer using win98se worked fine but now that this same computer now has winxp home on it the program works up to the part that it accesses the read write function of the lpt1 at which point it cannot find the device the program controls.

I have been told that win98se would read and write direcctly to the lpt1 where winxp home does something to correct a security problem with the lpt1 which make my program fail when accessing the lpt1. You might say %26quot;use the compatability mode%26quot; I have tried this but it does not change the way the program can access the lpt1. I have tried the vmware virtual computer program and use it to load a copy of win98se then run the program which works perfectly this way. But I don't want to have to have two complete operating systems on my computer and I do not want to have to wait so long for the vmware to load win98se and then the program just to use it.

Nown you might also say to contact the program supplier, well I did and here is the solution according to them, purchase the new program that fixes this problem. Well the original program cost me $1500.00 just a year ago and the wonderfull company sells the new program for a fantastic price of $1500.00, I am not happy that this company will not give me a product support upgrade for a lesser price when the only differance is that it works on xp, the program is good but not worth $3000.00.

You might also say just go back to win98se, well because of networking and other programs that our company switched to that is also impossable.

I am thinking that if vmware can access the lpt1 the way win98se did there must be a way to do the same in winxp without needing to take the time and space needed to use this program in vmware under winxp home.

Is there a driver that will let xp use the lpt1 exactly the way win98se did? Is there something I could %26quot;set%26quot; in xp to get the lpt1 to work the same as it did in 98se?

It just seems like there are so many ways to still use this program but none of them seems to allow it to work in xp directly without going threw a tone of crap to get it to work.

Please help if you know a way. By the way, I do know my systems fairly well and can use regedit without fear and I know how to get around the computer very well, like I know what the bios is and what it does and how to change thing in it, and other more thing that the average user normally doesn't know how to do.How do I access lpt1 on a win xp computer exactly the same as on a win98se computer?
Try here

http://www.scienceprog.com/acces-lpt-and



for more search for %26quot;LPT,Windows XP%26quot;How do I access lpt1 on a win xp computer exactly the same as on a win98se computer?
Look for driver on this site you can also print a file in the dos enviroment get to the dos to c:\ type

c:\ copy file name LPT1 press enter

the file will be printed .



http://www.xp-drivers.com/category/15.ht

No comments:

Post a Comment