Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?

XP HOME.



Regedit disabled (I've tried the dougknox thing to no avail).

Taskmanager disabled.



I've downloaded Hijackthis and when I open it, the file disappears. Even if I do a search of the entire hard drive, the file is gone.



If I browse (via firefox) to an avg download site, the browser closes immediately. I only got the avg setup file onto the computer by networking it to another computer that had the setup file already on it.



The exact same thing happens with AVG as with HIjackThis. The file suddenly just disappears (including the icon) and a search shows no evidence that the file was ever there.



This is all in safemode.



Malwarebytes is set up to delete some malware it found upon reboot, but can't disable the registry block in order to delete them.



A restore does not change any of this.



Someone please tell me how I can get a program on here that will clean this computer up (please do not tell me to reformat)?



ThanksHow do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?
Can you download Avast (free)? Super Antisypware (free)? No Adware (free)? Or try Registry Fox (not free). I don't suppose you have a stand alone ext. HDD? Good luck it is a PIA when these A/Holes stuff up everybody's surfing enjoyment.How do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?
Go to malwarebytes.org, its recomended by microsoft %26amp; its free! You need to do a full scan of your files %26amp; it will show you %26amp; get rid of infected files. Windows Live One Care has a free 90 day trial period that is better than mcafee %26amp; norton!How do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?
so simple

Step1 ; Remove ur Harddisk and Insert in another computer and make

it as slave

Step2 ; Then Find all the drives will be displaced then just seach for

exe files with all files displayed ( attrib -a -s -h -r )

easy to locate the exact file and delete in command prompt

then back ur HD in ur systemHow do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?
security tip articles:



http://www.fropper.com/posts/26489



http://www.associatedcontent.com/articleHow do I get rid of this virus (and what the hell is it)?
How to remove malware, rogues, viruses, spyware and other parasites from your computer. All of these programs are free to use.

(Malwarebytes)

http://www.download.com/3001-8022_4-1080



(CCleaner)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_cclean



(Superantispyware)

http://www.superantispyware.com/download



Recommended Download (Firefox Browser)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/do



Malwarebytes can be installed in safe mode but not Superantispyware. Download either Superantispyware or Malwarebytes. In my opinion these go hand and hand with each other because what one misses the other picks up. If you are using Internet Explorer I recommend using Mozilla Firefox because there is a less chance of malware targeting this browser, although it is still possible. If you have problems downloading or installing the malware removal tools please send an email to me and I will give you a step by step advice to fix this. Malware tends to block the download and installation of anti-virus and anti-spyware programs and websites. I recommend scanning in safe mode because a lot of times safe mode disables malware but this is not totally accurate. You can access safe mode by tapping F8 when your computer restarts, make sure to go into safe mode with networking to update the malware removal tools. I also recommend turning off system restore because users can restore their PC back to an infected state. You can do this by right clicking my computer, select properties, select system restore, and select turn off system restore.

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes and a full scan with Superantispyare to get rid of any malware that is installed on your PC. I recommend doing a scan with only one of these tools at a time because there may be complications. Once the removal process is finished restart your computer and turn system restore back on. Run Ccleaner and delete temporary files and invalid registry entries. If you have any questions email me at dejay19826@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment