Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do i make my zune a removable disk of hard drive (i want to put my files on it like programs as backup?

i followed this exactly as it says and it doesn't work, i cant see it in my computer at all



1. Make sure your Zune is not plugged in and your Zune software isn't running

2. open up regedit by going to the start menu and selecting %26quot;run%26quot;. Type regedt32 and hit %26quot;OK%26quot;

3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\?

4. Search for %26quot;PortableDeviceNameSpace%26quot;. This should be contained in the Vid_%26amp;Pid_\_-__-_?Parameters within the above ...\USB\ The 's listed here will be numbers and letters specific to your Zune

5. Change the following values: * EnableLegacySupport to 1 * PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell to 0 * ShowInShell to 1

6. Plug in your Zune, and make sure the Zune Software starts up. 7. Hopefully at this point you can open up %26quot;My Computer%26quot; and browse your device, though it does NOT show up as a drive letter.How do i make my zune a removable disk of hard drive (i want to put my files on it like programs as backup?
When I took a look at my registry since the 2.0 firmware update, there appeared to be multiple registry keys under %26quot;PortableDeviceNameSpace%26quot;. Check every key under the USB folder.



But, even then, you cannot use your zune as a portable hard drive; it denies you access to copy files. So it is basically useless to do that.
  • long hair styles
  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment