Thursday, September 22, 2011

How Should I Proceed In fixing my Problem?

Ok So I was installing some disc on my computer nothing harmful but after I installed them HP wanted me to do a update so I did and after I have an error %26quot;Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)%26quot; And I talked to Hp and they want about 99$ but before I go and use up money I looked on the internet and found information on my problem and I wanted to know if this information is correct:



%26quot;Using Registry Editor



If updating the driver does not resolve the problem, it indicates that there is a problem in the registry. To fix this problem, you may have to remove a few keys from the registry.



Note: Be careful while working with the registry editor because changes done to the registry using the Registry Editor are irreversible and mistakes can leave you with more problems than when you started. Therefore, it is recommended that you make a backup of the registry before proceeding with the changes.



After you have removed the registry keys listed below, you will have to reinstall all applications that you use for CD or DVD recording to make them work properly.



To fix the error by editing the registry, perform the following steps:



1.Exit and close all applications currently running on your PC.

2.On Start %26gt; Run type Regedit and press the Enter key.

3.Next, navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr?Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4.Delete any of the following registry entries if they exist under this key:

鈼owerFilters

鈼owerFilters.bak

鈼pperFilters

鈼pperFilters.bak

5.Restart your PC and open My Computer to ensure that the CD-ROM drive is visible.

6.Also, open the Device Manager again to ensure that the yellow exclamation mark and the error code is now gone.%26quot;









Please tell me as quick as possible if I should go ahead and do this instead of paying 100$! for a random indian Hp worker to take over my computer and do it for me



Thanks!How Should I Proceed In fixing my Problem?
1. Search far and wide for the drivers on the merchant websites.

2. Download software that will find the right drivers and install them all automatically.

I used to do it on my own until I discovered how easy it was to download drivers with driver update software. My favorite program is available at: http://www.best-driver-updater.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment