Thursday, September 22, 2011

WINDOWS XP - Omfg I've F@%#!d My Laptop. System Restore?

Okay, so i've gotten a tad too eager with some registry editing (i'm a complete noob, btw) and i've went and performed 5 registry tweaks all at once. I cant remember what they exactly all were, but they all involved HKEY _CURRENTUSER and HKEY_LOCAL or whatever. Anyway, my laptop (EeePC) has went to ****. I could tell there was a problem when i rebooted to clarify the changes and stuff came up on start up saying 'could not open ACU file' or something and other miscellaneous computer stuff. My pc is extremely slow, and there is a million things going wrong with it. For example, a lot of stuff isnt appearing, like the stuff in control panel and the some storage cards and drives in my computer. A lot of shortcuts in the start menu are incapacitated; half the system32 folder is missing. Anyway, the computer is irrtreviable. I cant system restore because the only shortcut i know to it 'Accessories - System Tools' is hence unworkable. I cant restore the registry because the folder containing back ups, when clicked, says ' inaccessible.not enough system resources to open' or something. and Run - Regedit doesnt even work anyway.

Already tried last known good configuration. How can i solve this problem? Am i gunna have to load reapplicate the OS?



Btw, is my 4gb SDHC memory card ruined? it was in the computer throughout the ordeal and its not being read on the perfectly working laptop i am using presently.WINDOWS XP - Omfg I%26039;ve F@%!d My Laptop. System Restore?
It is maybe possible to do a repair by booting with an XP CD but it will be very time consuming and may not work in the end.



Better to start again. Boot with the XP CD, delete the Windows partition, format and reinstall.



The SDHC card may have had its data corrupted. A format will fix this but you will lose any data on it.



For next time - before doing ANY edits to the registry make a backup first. Just do an Export.WINDOWS XP - Omfg I%26039;ve F@%!d My Laptop. System Restore?
take it to a pro and quit playing in the registryWINDOWS XP - Omfg I%26039;ve F@%!d My Laptop. System Restore?
you remind me of a friend i have XD



messin about with computers and f***** them up XD



and i alway have to fix um XDXDXD



anyway, try system restore



btw ur card will be fine



if not, reinstall windows, you will have to cut it down tho to fit on 4gig,jsut use google, there are millions of guidesWINDOWS XP - Omfg I%26039;ve F@%!d My Laptop. System Restore?
format and reinstall. and then ghost the system. after that you can perform all the brain surgery by candlelight you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment