Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can someone help me with my problem with yahoo messenger?

I had the previous messenger, but decided to get the newer one. So I clicked upgrade to messenger 9 now on that window that comes up when you sign in. Ok sounds ok, right? well after i did that i clicked the appropriate things and downloaded the new messenger. Only thing is no matter how many times i download it and uninstall it every time i want to use it this window comes up saying %26quot;Yahoo! Messenger has stopped working. Windows is checking for a soution.%26quot; and it looks as if it is loading. ok so when it finishes the bar like is is loading the messsage changes to %26quot; A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windos will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.%26quot; I do not undestand i uninstall it and reinstall it and every time i try to use messenger now I am unable to. Please can someone help me with this.



someone suggested :



%26quot; make sure you update all to the latest drivers via windows update



Make sure messenger is off, then go to regedit then open up HKEY CURRENT USER then open up SOFTWARE then open up MICROSOFT then open up WINDOWS then open up CURRENT VERSION then click on Internet Settings but dont open it just click on it then go half way down the list to find PROXY ENABLE,PROXY SERVER,PROXY OVERRIDE then click on PROXY ENABLE click modify binary and change from 0x00000000 (1) to 0x00000000 (0) then delete PROXY SERVER and PROXY OVERRIDE and there you go sign into messenger this has worked perfect for me hope it does for you.



or



It's either one of the two:



- Yahoo! servers are down for maintenance, the only fix would be to wait.



- Your connection preferences are wrong:

Messenger tab just above where you sign in and then click the Connection Preference option %26quot;





but...



that whole first step that was said as a suggestion does not work because my thing is already 0x00000000 (0) so i dont need to change it and i dont see the other two that u say to delete.



i have waited for days, and still have the same problem. how long am I expected to wait for maint. ?



and i cant even get the messenger to open so how am i supposed to go to the messenger tab?



so please if anyone knows something that will help please let me know. It would be very much appreciated. :)Can someone help me with my problem with yahoo messenger?
I'm sorry I really can't help you, but that sucks!!!! Yahoo has been very weird lately. One suggestion, do you have Windows Service pack 3 loaded yet??? That might be part of your problem, I'm not sure, but if you don't update frikkin windows every minute of the day, then it gives you unexplained headaches. I hate PC's!!! If I could afford it I would buy a Mac like I used to use back in the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment