Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Complicated Windows Vista help: calling all computer experts!?

I Google searched the new Windows 7 and I found a website saying how to change the settings of Vista to add hidden features that would be in Windows 7, so I clicked on it. Please don't blame me for taking advice from a website to change computer settings, I admit, it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Anyways, it was to change the taskbar to show only icons and not the icon + text of open programs, which is supposed to be something in Windows 7. Here is what it said to do:



Speaking of %26quot;iconizing,%26quot; Windows 7 uses nothing but icons on the taskbar, even for programs that are currently running. If you like the idea of doing away with the text that traditionally accompanies taskbar program icons, a simple Registry tweak will make it happen.



Click Start, type regedit, and press Enter.

Find and click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics value.

In the right pane, right click in an open space and choose New, String Value

Name the string MinWidth, and then set the value to -255.

Exit the Registry Editor, and restart your system.



So I did all of that. I shut down my system, then I turn it back on and it won't load Windows correctly, so I try all of the options such as %26quot;Safe Mode%26quot;, or %26quot;Commands Prompt%26quot; and all of the other ones and they all result in the same thing, restarting the computer and asking the same thing. It then told me to insert my Windows installation disk and restart, then follow the options for languages, then click %26quot;Repair Computer%26quot;. So I put the disk in and restarted it, but it just came up as the same thing as before, when there was no disk. So I then chose to run %26quot;Windows Memory Diagnostics.%26quot; It went through those tests and now it's doing the same thing as before. Please help soon!!! Thank you so much.Complicated Windows Vista help: calling all computer experts!?
safe mode



are you able to run system restore from the comand prompt?



at command prompt type rstrui.exe



this should workComplicated Windows Vista help: calling all computer experts!?
dont you have a recovery disk and if you have hp press f10 or f11

No comments:

Post a Comment