Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Print Sharing Issue. A win XP comp and Win Vista comp?

I am trying to get my win xp comp to connect and use my printer that is on the network

Going to list my process just in case any of it comes into play on how to fix the final issue



The computer with the printer connected to it is a Vista PC



[url]http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7589_?br>


I followed those instructions and when i put in the \\compname\printername

I get a message



Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords are not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.



On that comp it is trying to connect to the print share option and all the share options are turned on, I have turned on all the share options for now to get it to work.

Turned off user account controls in the user accounts options

the above message comes on if I set no password in the user accounts, and the message

%26quot;bad user name, or password%26quot;

pops up on the other computer when I try to connect when there is a password on the user accounts.





I found these instructions as a fix,

%26quot;I had the same problem. i got this solved. go to run type regedit.exe

then go here HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Ls?br>
change from 1 to 0%26quot;

but I do not have limityblankpassworduse inside my LSA folder on either computer



finally found that fixed it and now I have the printer on the other computer, but still can not print



the documents inside the print queue window are froze



I have tried resetting both comps what do you do when inside the print window

[url]http://s43.photobucket.com/albums?br>
is a pic



I have cancelled it, cancelled all, ect like 15 times on both comps and it just won't go off.

I have ended the task and when it comes back up those 2 errored, stalled prints come up again.



oh and with those 2 in the way I can't print from any computer now



After another rebooting the comp that the printer is connected to that one now prints, but the comp in the other room does not.

When I print from the XP computer it just makes an entry in that printer tray window and does nothing.Print Sharing Issue. A win XP comp and Win Vista comp?
Ok this could be a couple things but lets see if we can get it knocked out fairly easly.



First off the thing about vista is that you have to have user authentication to access its network resources, meaning that whatever user account you login to the xp machine in, has to be created on the vista machine. Also the passwords must be the same AND YOU MUST HAVE A PASSWORD.



This should fix all of your network problemsPrint Sharing Issue. A win XP comp and Win Vista comp?
above answer is wrong. I have a laptop with vista and 2 desktops with XP.

My printer is on one XP.

You must go to: printer and click on properties, click on sharing on all your computer.

If you have a wireless network, one of your pc should pick up your printer and install the printer driver from either the printer CD or from your OS.

hope that will help u

No comments:

Post a Comment