Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Locked out of Windows XP, how do I get back in?

Well I'm now locked out of XP.



I basically disabled my admin accounts in regedit, I set the Administrator to 0 instead of 1.



I wanted windows to just boot up into windows and for me not to have to select the admin icon, sadly it appears I have disabled the wrong thing.

I need to change it back but now when I boot up it asks me to select an account, but there is no account, no admin no user.

Its the same in safe mode, I have no way of getting into my pc, and I'm panicking.



Each time I come to the windows screen Im at the screen where it asks me to click an account but there is no account anymore so I'm stuck.



Is there anyway around this otherwise Im seriously screwed !!



I have so much work on this pc and so much personal stuff, 'm going to lose, can anyone help me get back in, just so I can change the settings.?



Thanks in advance.Locked out of Windows XP, how do I get back in?
there's some software called ERD Commander, if you burn it to cd you can boot with it and it will let you repair your windows.



http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl%26amp;q=erd+ there's a download on the first hit. good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment