Thursday, June 2, 2011

When I modify msconfig, i get error message saying access denied, and all my windows services were disabled?

I deleted .Net from my computer, which is itself a user. Now it seems that my administrator account may not be recognized as an administrator, because anytime I uncheck anything from msconfig startup tab, I get an error message saying Access Is Denied, although it makes the change. The bad part is that it also sets ALL of my windows services to %26quot;Disabled%26quot; anytime I uncheck anything from msconfig startup tab. I then have to go through each one and set them back to Automatic. How do I fix this problem? I've tried checking my permissions in regedit and giving each user complete access. I'm also ran the security configurations from the mmc.When I modify msconfig, i get error message saying access denied, and all my windows services were disabled?
reinstall xpWhen I modify msconfig, i get error message saying access denied, and all my windows services were disabled?
As administrator you need to change your password, sign off and sign back on again with the new password.



Then you should be accepted as administrator.When I modify msconfig, i get error message saying access denied, and all my windows services were disabled?
I am sure that was a virus. I have similar problem like that in the past.

You need the latest anti virus application and virus definition. Restart and enter Safe mode. Then clean up your computer from viruses.When I modify msconfig, i get error message saying access denied, and all my windows services were disabled?
Reboot your computer into safemode F8

Choose start in safe mode with networking using the up arrow

Choose the operating system

You should see an administrator account there



run / msconfig / boot.ini tab and check all boot paths

follow the instructions



go to www.bitdefender.com and run an online virus scan while in safe mode.



Other than that, I would reinstall the xp operating system, but do not choose clean install, when it discovers that there is already and operating system on the c drive...choose the install anyway option then repair. Keep files and folder option. It will repair the file system and leave the files and folders intact.

Back up you important files first



Teckguy

No comments:

Post a Comment