Thursday, June 2, 2011

There are some programs I can't remove. Anyone know how to fix it?

There are some programs in my Add/Remove programs that I can't remove. It seems more cluttered. I highlight it, but there's no %26quot;CHANGE/REMOVE%26quot; button next to it. I've run %26quot;regedit%26quot; and removed some applications there, but they still don't go away.



Any ideas?



Thanks :)There are some programs I can%26039;t remove. Anyone know how to fix it?
I have no ideaThere are some programs I can%26039;t remove. Anyone know how to fix it?
You have to make sure the program isnt running, even if in the background. Then it will deleteThere are some programs I can%26039;t remove. Anyone know how to fix it?
M not sure if this works, I've tried this before and has worked for me... Backup up your registry files, so in case you encounter problems, you can easily revert back to original settings.



Open your Registry (regedit). Navigate through \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Unins?br>


Try to look for a %26quot;folder%26quot; with the name of the software/company of the one you're trying to remove and delete.



-- OR (if you don't see the company name/program name from the %26quot;folders%26quot;) --



You may notice a lot of items there with the name {123ABC-GF4121-ETC-ETC} (or folders with unique id for names -- you can't miss 'em coz there's plenty). Look through each of these %26quot;folders%26quot;, and through the right-hand pane you see find the softwares associated with the ones you can't remove from the list (in Add/Remove Programs). Usually a program is associated with one of this folders..



Hope this works for you... Coz it really is annoying to see Programs listed there when it has already been removed.There are some programs I can%26039;t remove. Anyone know how to fix it?
I may have an answer:unicorne1@sbcglobal.net
  • how to remove starsdoor
  • serious problems gaining weight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment