Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you force/fix the resolution of a laptop screen?

After coming out of sleep one day my laptop's screen resolution was changed from its native 1280x800 to 1024x768, and it is impossible for me to change it back. I have tried to change it via display settings, powerstrip, ati catalyst control center, regedit, flashing the bios, updating my drivers, scanning for viruses, and updating windows.



The problem is that my computer does not recognize that it can go up to 1280x800 anymore, as almost everything states that my system maxes out at 1024x768 - powerstrip does say though that my max resolution is 1280x800, but it will not allow me to use that setting.



The guts:

HP TouchSmart tx2 Notebook PC

4.00 GB RAM

Windows Vista鈩?Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

DirectX 10

AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-85 (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz



Thanks in advance for any and all help.How do you force/fix the resolution of a laptop screen?
http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/22



http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthre

No comments:

Post a Comment